With our busy, modern mom schedules in full swing, we’re always on the hunt for quick exercise routines we can do on the fly, in the midst of all our multi-tasking. Smart time management is a priority for us all. So we asked Bonnie Micheli and Tracy Roemer of Shred 415 in Chicago for their best at-home workout we could do while we’re waiting for the next conference call, during baby’s nap, or while the sauce is simmering on the stove. You’ll need little more than any old chair or coffee table for this effective, calorie-burning boost to your day.
Start with running your stairs for 30 seconds. If you don’t have stairs, do high knees for 30 seconds.
Do each of these moves for one minute:
2. Jump Squats: Jump out (legs apart) squat, jump in (legs together) squat.
3. Bicep Curl: Use water bottles if you don’t have weights handy.
4. Squat Punch: Use water bottles if you don’t have weights.
5. Bicep Curl and Shoulder Press: With water bottles/weights.
6. Burpees: From push up position, pull your legs in and jump back up to standing
8. Mountain Climbers: In straight arm plank position, drive your knees in as though you are running in place, but stay in a plank.
9. Tricep Dips: Using your stairs, a chair, or a coffee table.
10. Wide Leg Mountain Climbers: Take your knees to your elbows with each movement.
11. Side Plank: Add hip dips if you are ready for a challenge.
13. Side Plank (other side): Add hip dips if you are ready for more of a challenge.
14. Hand Plank: Walk hands to feet stand up back down to plank.