You’ll seldom find a small business with a large marketing budget, often making it challenging for these ventures to promote themselves effectively.
Fortunately, there’s an array of free and cost-effective advertising options available to these companies, allowing them to run an efficient marketing campaign at little to no cost. The problem is that most business owners don’t have the time or expertise to search for and identify these resources.
So, to help you grow your venture, here are some marketing options that won’t take you to the cleaners.
Use Social Media to Your Advantage
Social media networks, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, can be exceptional, free marketing tools if you use them correctly. By increasing your engagement on these platforms and establishing an online community, you’ve got the opportunity to express your brand’s personality while building trust with consumers.
These platforms enable you to:
- Promote blog posts
- Run polls and get feedback
- Create short, informational posts extracted from more lengthy forms of content
- Communicate with your followers on a personal basis to increase your engagement and give voice to your brand
For this type of marketing to work, it’s critical to ensure that you’re proactive by regularly posting updates on the various accounts you create. It’s also essential to keep the community, commitment, collaboration, and consistency in mind.
Create a Google My Business Account
A Google business profile isn’t only free; it’s also one of the most powerful marketing strategies available. It makes your business visible on Google Maps and enables your venture to appear on the right-side knowledge panel under branded searches and Google’s local search section.
Yet, it’s crucial to enhance your online business profile and ranking for it to appear higher up in both local and Google maps searches. To do this, you must verify your ownership of the venture through your “My Business” account.
Spend Time on Improving Your SEO
Google’s algorithm is designed to identify the most relevant, accurate, and best-quality content for every search engine query. This approach evens things out between small and big businesses by creating fair competition and reserving page one real estate for the companies that have the most appropriate SEO in their online content.
Even though local SEO is free, it takes time, knowledge, and experience to perfect. However, by putting in the effort, you’ll soon reap the reward. Here are some key focal points to help you get started:
- Add location-based keywords to the text, headings, and titles of the content on your web pages
- Publish blog posts and web pages specific to consumers and neighborhoods your venture serves
- Get listed in various online directories, but ensure that the registration data is identical across all platforms
Launch an Email Marketing Campaign
Image courtesy of Pexels
Email marketing is an exceptional tool for engaging new visitors to your business and maintaining existing relationships with consumers. It’s a tried and tested method that’s proven its reliability in getting a decent return on investment (ROI.) Here are some tips to help ensure that your campaign is fruitful:
- Always include an attractive offer in your email, encouraging the reader to take action
- Be thoughtful and creative when you create your subject lines
- Be sure to run A/B tests and track your performance
- Continue to build trust with your subscribers by slowly nurturing them via email until you convert them into paying customers
- Encourage new visitors to your website to subscribe to your newsletter by offering them a coupon, discount, or bonus content piece for signing up
- Start by using a free marketing service to launch your email campaign
To Wrap Up
Launching a marketing campaign can be an expensive endeavor, and a worthwhile ROI isn’t always guaranteed. Most small businesses can’t afford this type of costly mistake. Fortunately, there are many tried and tested, cost-effective methods available that, when implemented correctly, will ensure results.
By using social media to your advantage, improving your SEO, and launching a successful email campaign, you’ll drive new traffic to your company’s website, ultimately improving your sales and revenue. In turn, this outcome will guarantee your venture’s continued growth.