Are we there yet? If you’re driving to your summer vacation destination this year, you’ll definitely need a playlist. In addition to keeping the kids busy with snacks and activities during the long road trip ahead, remember to pump up the jam to pass the time with a summer playlist you’ll all love.
“In the summer I like to listen to music that transports me to a vacation spot, and I often listen to a really eclectic mix,” says Oscar de la Renta’s Marissa Kraxberger. “Here are some of my current playlist favorites…a couple of them are on repeat in our house because the kids love them!”
1. Flowers in Your Hair, The Lumineers: Reflect as you go past beautiful scenery.
2. Lovefool, Kat Edmonson: To get the kids their happy nap.
3. Bette Davis Eyes, Kim Carnes: For a throwback the whole carload will love.
4. Just Can’t Get Enough, Depeche Mode: Give the kids a little crash course in ’80s pop.
5. Shake it Out, Florence + The Machine: Sing out loud when you hit traffic.
6. Never Getting Back Together, Taylor Swift: Because your tweens will love to sing and act this one out.
7. Walking on a Dream, Empire of the Sun: When you’re arriving and can see the glistening ocean in front of you.